Natural Fat Burner: Coffee
Here are the many benefits of how 1 small cup of black coffee (Britains favourite drink) can be highly advantageous to your fitness journey.
1. Accelerates Fat Loss: When consumed before exercise, it can cause the fat cells of the body to be used as an energy source instead of glycogen, therefore burning fat. Also, the high amounts of caffeine in coffe boosts your metabolism, making you burn more calories throughout the day.
2. Increases Performance: Sports medicine report that coffee consumed before a workout improves total overall performance of that athlete up to 4.2 seconds quicker in a 1500 run.
3. Improves Focus Alongside increased energy, coffee provides more mental focus, ideal for getting in the gym and smashing any workout routine to maximum efficiency.
4. Decreases Muscle Pain Researchers at the university of Illinois carried out studies that if you drink coffee before a workout it the effects of muscle pain significantly lower. It will help push you thro the last reps of a set without thinking your muscles will explode! A common muscle pain is in the forearm if a lot of heavy grip work is needed and sometimes the forearm can give up before the targeted muscle group. You can also run faster for longer during cardio sessions.
5. Prevents disease Coffee helps protect the body from disease. It contains high amounts of antioxidants, which protect against damage from free-radicals (connected to signs of ageing). According to studies, coffee has an inverse correlation with diabetes, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and certain forms of cancer.